help

i had a d&c one week ago yesterday, my doc told me i can have sex but it has to be protected. well i had unprotected sex last night. what is going to happen if i get preg am i going to lose it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why don't people just follow the doctor's advice? Do you think MAYBE they have a degree in this type of medicine for a reason. YES, you are running a HUGE risk of losing the baby and HURTING yourself in getting pregnant again so soon. It is dangerous... that is why they told you to stay safe. I couldn't even imagine having sex that soon after having that procedure done anyhow. When I had my miscarriage I didn't want sex for a long time due to being so sad and depressed.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You probably won't get pregnant this quickly after I had this happen too a couple weeks after my dnc and she said since the uterus was scraped the walls were thin and wouldn't be able to attach they egg and supply enough blood but she said she had known of some women who went on w no problems w a pregnancy sorry for your loss
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 10:29 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• did you have to be so rude?
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would make sure you follow your doctors orders. My SIL had one done and had unprotected sex with her bf 2wks after. She ended up having some problems.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The risk of losing a pregnancy before you are completely healed increases. That does not mean you WILL lose it though. One of my friends was pregnant again before she even had one cycle and that baby was just fine. But until you know for sure there's no point in being concerned.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010