Off with his head?

It's that 'peacefullness' again

A well known Australian Muslim cleric has called for the beheading of Dutch anti-Islamic politician Geert Wilder...

Geert Wilders is speaking out against the planned mosque in New York City on September 11...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100903/wl_nm/us_dutch_wilders

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 10:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Some muslims are moderate nobody denies that but world wide extremism is mainstream and for you to deny that is not looking at reality
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• CONT
    that all Muslims strive to show and work toward. I know this guy personally, he still has the scars to show for it. And he is humble, and kind, and goes around giving poor people food, fixing their houses, driving old people to the dr and helping recent immigrants find jobs.

Why don't you post some stories like this?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• *shakes head

I wonder why people can't leave each other the eff alone.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Don't confuse "well known" with "well respected." What is your deal, tnmom, do you just search the web to find idiots you can hold up as the example of all Islam? No wonder you are scared of them. Let me tell you about a devout Muslim my husband works with..about 10 years ago (maybe more) a recent Muslim immigrant to the US was living in a crowded apartment building. Lots of poor people, old people and kids. Someone started a fire, and this guy grabbed people, came out, and then went BACK IN to the burning building to get more people. He put them on the sidewalk...and went back in AGAIN. He did this until every single person was out of the building. He did not check to see if they were Christians or Muslims or had no religion. He received 3rd degree burns across 1/2 of his body and was in the hospital for months. This guy is one of the most respected Muslims in the city, and is used as an example of the selflessness
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am curious to see what Australia thinks about this. Remember the call for Muslims to inergrate or leave? Where is the outcry from the peaceful Muslims?
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Seriously? A down vote? what for?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• This guy is one of the most respected Muslims in the city,
    ______________________
    And I should have said one of the most respected PEOPLE in the city. People in the neighborhood call him "Hero." Like it is his name. And they are not Muslims, this is a mixed neighborhood with all kinds of people.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

______________________

Answer by stacymomof2 21 minutes ago

Credits: 5765
    ******************************
    I loved hearing about this man---he is a HERO. And I have also known and worked with Muslims and admired them,liked them. I think people who don't get out much and only associate with people identical to themselves are the ones who are most afraid and most prejudiced ......too bad.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 12:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I loved hearing about this man---he is a HERO.
    ___________________
    He is a really great guy. Since the incident of the fire, he has paid off the convenience store he owns and works 6-7 hours in the morning, and then goes around helping people in the afternoon. He is really kind and humble...gentle and quiet. He's just really really nice! He is a very peaceful person to be around.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• that but world wide extremism is mainstream
    ______________________
    Extremism is not mainstream by definition. You don't know what you are talking about, and your bigoted crap offends me.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010