For Christians

If you haven't seen "What if" yet at the theaters, I highly recommend it. Very great movie with a wonderful message and it's a good movie to support too. :) Has anybody else seen it yet? My dh and I really liked it and so did my parents.

The message is kind of a faith based version of "Family man", only better. A man was going to marry his young love and become a minister but got a better offer in the finance business world and decided to pursue it short term, but got distracted and caught up with life, became very rich and materialistic and left his faith and former life. Well, God sends him back to what his life would have been had he followed his first passion. He soon realizes how empty his former life was, and how even though he had no money, the happiness he found in God didn't even compare. He didn't feel after leaving his faith and living such a sinful life that he deserved it, but God never gave up on him.

AshleyBDG

Asked by AshleyBDG at 10:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I haven't heard of that movie. I will have to check it out. I loved Family Man. I really like the movies that show the different paths in life. I think it's awesome to see how one seemingly small decision can change the course of a person's life to such a drastic degree.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 10:41 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You'd love it then, that's exactly what it's like. :)
    AshleyBDG

Comment by AshleyBDG (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• we'll have to check it out! thanks
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sounds good, I'll have to check it out :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:52 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I havent heard of it but I definately want to see it!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 11:42 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've never heard of it! Is a Christian produced movie? I like Family Man too, except for a few scenes. :)
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've never heard of it.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's at the theater right now, and I hadn't heard of it either, my dh heard about it on family life radio, but I just came across it because I was looking them all up for a datenight. I think it's a low budget film, there were no previews which I thought was weird, but the acting was good, and I have to believe it was a Christian produced movie. I knew a few of the actors in it. It is kind of a long similar lines of fireproof only the acting is much much better in it ;) But same good Christian themed movie with a great message.
    AshleyBDG

Comment by AshleyBDG (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Thanks! I'll have to check that out.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:10 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Oh thanks. I will check it out on the web. if I can. :)
    2tinyhineys

Answer by 2tinyhineys at 12:08 PM on Sep. 5, 2010