Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Um...I think I may need professional help. **Sex Question** adult content

Where to start? I have always had a high sex drive. I can only name 1, 1 time when I didnt. When I was preggo with DD, the idea of sex made me vomit. Anyway, Dh works on the road so when he comes home he & I have so much pent up sexual fustration that it works in my favor. However, we are currently changing things around to get him home & working a local job. He & I have talked about my "needs" before.
You see, I can go and go and go..hence the 4 kids. Even when I am in pain down there, I have this intense need to go again! He has literally ripped me down there, and WTH did I do, ask for more. I dont know whats wrong with me. I have toys, a couple of them are DEAD. I mean dead, batteries arent bringing them back to life. Dh & sex is comparable to a camel and water. The man has gone months without sex. I cant go a day without masturbating. So I guess my question is, should I seek help? Try to bring down my sex drive?


Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

This question is closed.
Answers (10)
  • Well, if your sex drive is so intense that you are still driven to have sex even though you are injured "down there" and you are starting to question if it's normal, then YES i think it's time to speak with a professional.

    Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • I have a high sex drive but pain slows me down. I would say if it is afecting your life in a negative way you should get help. Sex is healthy but when it becomes unhealthy there is something wrong. Good luck

    Answer by takenforlife at 10:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Yes, it is worth it to at least ask a Dr about it.

    Answer by elizabr at 10:53 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • I think in your situation, even through pain you want it, I would talk to a doctor, sounds like you have an overactive libido.


    Answer by sheloveearth at 10:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Make a doctor appointment

    Answer by mamaofficer at 11:23 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Considering what you just typed I would say yes you need to talk to a dr right away and if that dr don't help go to someone else

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:31 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • Extreme overactive libido is a symptom of some medical problems. Could be hormonal, could be a brain tumor, could be a lot of things. But what you've described is not a typical high sex drive Please, see your doctor and don't let him brush you off. There is a problem and you need to get to the bottom of it.


    Answer by isabellalecour at 11:36 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • There's nothing "wrong" with having a high sex drive! It sucks your hubbys isn't the same though...poor thing! :( I had to laugh when I read that you'll go and go until you're in pain and then ask for, I do the same damn thing girl!

    Answer by chocolatluver at 11:40 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • I thought that I was reading about myself. He barely wants it and I want it all the time,
    Debbie C.

    Answer by Debbie C. at 1:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

  • I would talk to a mental health therapist if you are thinking about sex all the time. I think your need for intimacy is fine though, and even though you are on the high end of the spectrum for libido you are perfectly normal. A lot of people rub one out once a day. But if that's the only thing you do and its keeping you from being normal then see someone.

    Answer by FateoftheGodz at 6:43 PM on Sep. 6, 2010