i checked out chacha

Im not sure what to think about it. i had never heard of it until today. I looked into it. I just got a new job because i had honestly given up on working from home. Does anyone use chacha. i read the fine print in the terms and conditions. they dont take out any taxes and from the way it reads they can sell your info if they want to. Plus from what i read they only pay when you have reached $100.00 thats That means you would have to answer 1000 questions before you get paid. Im not sure what to think of it. it looks interesting but a little leary of giving them my social security number. what do you think. it really doesnt sound like its worth it to me. it sounds as bad as those survey sites that i see all over

chevygirl2007l

Asked by chevygirl2007l at 11:56 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Money & Work

• I don't know if I would do it if it asks for your SS#. I have yet to find a legitimate WAHM job that all these people ofer on here. They are usually filled with spam and do not pay you good at all if they are legitimate. The one's who aren't just rip you out of money or possibly try to get your perdonal information so they can scam you. I think your best bet is to either start a home nased business by yourself or get a real job that's not at home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I started doing ChaCha about a week ago. The training was supposed to be 2-4 days but because they were doing matnince on the site it was longer. The training questions are really easy. But once you get the regular questins they get silly. you get ALOT of questions. in about an hour I got 50 questions. Its good if you need some extra money but not if your looking to pay all your bills.
    I hope that helps. Anything else feel free tp PM me
    Harley84

Answer by Harley84 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I also just started with ChaCha and am just doing it for a little extra cash. The great thing I like about it is that I can still work on my other biz and do it at the same time. But as Harley stated, its not going to pay the bills but will help with some extra cash.
    markayda3

Answer by markayda3 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Any legit business is going to need your SS# to send you a 1099 at the end of the year. If you're looking for an easy online job, that will pay a little better, check out the ones I listed at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Consider a home based business, and if you want to make money right away, you need to be in one that is in the 2 largest emerging industries...wellness and network marketing. With this economy, no one is spending their money on makeup, tupperware or candles...people these days are into their health and want to earn extra income and fast. The business I am in has been in biz for 3.5 years and has been featured in SUCCESS FROM HOME magazine 3 times in the ENTIRE issues...this is the first co. to rich its first billion dollars in just 3 years...first in the history of the US. it took microsoft 7 years. This is still a ground floor opportunity as less than 1% of the US has heard of it.. a great opportunity is one when not too many people know about it. I would love to share what i do from home around my kids schedules and make really GREAT money. I hope to hear from you soon.

BusinessMom123

Answer by BusinessMom123 at 9:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I started with ChaCha awile weeks ago. It is not a get rich program. If you are looking to make a lot of money I would recommend ChaCha. ChaCha is probably best for moms that just want some extra cash.
    hope4life

Answer by hope4life at 2:34 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• I have been doing ChaCha since about mid July. It is very legit and easy money. They ask for your ss# because your are an independent contractor with them and have to complete a 1099 for your taxes.

You have the choice between 2 options to get paid. You can select the monthly option which is the one where you have to reach $100 and it would be directly deposited into your account. Or, you can sign up for the ChaCha Visa debit card and you can pay yourself whenever you want....you just get charged $2 each time you request your money to be deposited into your ChaCha Debit card account which is through First Indiana Bank.

I do have to add that ChaCha can be fun, interesting and sometimes actually educational. LOL!
    jandyrodax

Answer by jandyrodax at 6:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2008

• Someone posted above to join a home business. Definitely DO NOT recommend that lol. I do work for ChaCha. They are currently not hiring anymore guides,unless you already took the test and passed. But it's honestly the only legitimate job you can do from home. I've been doing it for about a year and at first I was only making around $4/hour but now that I have the hang of it and since they added some new features, I'm making around $8-10/hour. And you only have to make $100 a month if you chose the monthly payment.. And you would only have to do 500 searches a month, not 1000.. But that's if you make Top-guide. Which is easy to do! And you have to think.. any job you apply for asks you for your SSN. This is a legitimate business and I also recommend checking into in home telemarketing.
    Anonymous

• I work for ChaCha and it is very legit. I love it. Like another person answered you can get paid 2 ways. You don't have to meet the 100 if you do the card. It's only direct deposit that you have to meet the 100. I do the direct deposit because I use ChaCha to pay the car bill. :)
    mrsmonkeytoes

Answer by mrsmonkeytoes at 4:31 PM on Apr. 28, 2009

• I also work for chacha! Its so much fun... But I just started about a week ago. My cousin also works for them and has not had any problems.
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 2:06 AM on May. 21, 2009