Flies?

we live in an apartment building and we have a ton of flies. Our place is clean, I vacuum about once a day or so, depending on the mess, our dog has accidents sometimes, but I clean them up right away and we have a cat but her box gets cleaned nightly, too...so whats up? do you think its something in the walls? Can flies travel in the vents? Our neighbors aren't the cleanest. Its getting so frustrating because its like a cycle. We spray Raid and kill them and then about two weeks later we wake up and their back in full force. if its the neighbors' fault, I'm gonna be pissed. This is a low income neighborhood (we didn't know when we moved in) but just because you're poor doesn't' mean that you have to be dirty and not take care of things!

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 11:06 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Yes flies can travel through the vents. Every time you open your door to go out. Some most likely get in. If your windows are open. The can get through the little holes. I know we have lots more in the summer. With all the in and out. It does not always mean you have a dirty house to have flies.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No it doesn't mean you have a dirty house. Sometimes they just seem worse than others. I had one summer/fall where we were constantly running into them in the house. I actually went and bought those nasty fly tape things that you hang and the flies get stuck on them! We have not been over run by flies since then. Knock on Wood!!
    marchar2002

Answer by marchar2002 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010