At what age can kids shower on their own?

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 11:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• It depends, but I think it was around 7 or so that my boys started. They had plenty of instructions and were told they couldn't waste the water, etc. I was always nearby until they really got the hang of it..
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:10 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son started at 3 & that was because he saw my privates and asked me if it hurt me? He thought they had chopped of my wee wee! Now my youngest he was at about a year n that was because he was a lil more curious n trying to grab my boobs.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 11:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• but imthe one still doing the bathing on them its just not w/me anymore
    gabby06

• Well my son is 3, and he can wash his body by himself, but still needs help with his hair. By 5 or 6 I think he'll be ready. He does take showers though!
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My dd is 4, and she just did start showing an interest in showers. Up till now, she'd scream bloody murder if I even tried to put her in the shower. But.... she is allowed to be in the shower on her own. Mommy just stands to the side and helps out when she needs it. She knows not to touch the knob, and she knows to let me know if she needs it warmer or cooler.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:14 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son is five and he can wash but he does not clean everything so he still needs help. I think he might have it in a year or so. But as of now he needs my help still.
    takenforlife

Answer by takenforlife at 11:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My daughter was 3 ( I had to do her hair til she was 9), one of my boys was 5 and I still give my 4 yo his shower...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:26 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think around 4-5 is a good time to start you'll probably have to go in and help them with their hair and stuff I still go in and check my 8 yrs old hair
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Great ?,all I have inn my apt is a shower and I was just kinda wondering this myself.
    cutebaby06

Answer by cutebaby06 at 11:27 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My first was 3 yrs old. She could wash her body but I needed to wash her hair. She is 6 yr and I still help her with her hair. My 3 yr old hates the shower.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010