If you were 25 and you never had a job, would you stay up all night looking for a job?

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Hmm... What kind of job can a woman with no experience get in the middle of the night...
    Sorry, I can't imagine being 25 and never having a job. Are you asking for yourself?

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 11:15 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If I was 25 and had never had a job, I'd be worried if I'd ever be able to find one. It doesn't look good if you're in your 20s and have no job experience. Unless you were a SAHM, and I'd be sure to put that down on my applications. Stay up all night? Why? If I needed a job NOW, yes. If I had time to look, no.

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 11:16 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think getting some sleep so I could type a really good cover letter and fill out any online applications without a whole lot of mistakes would be foremost in my mind. Anyway over a holiday weekend chances are those resumes will be there till after the Laor Day weekend.

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I take it you mean stay up all night looking for a job online. If you're 25 and never had a job, you'll have a hard battle ahead of you. Might want to start with temp agencies or places that normally hire high school kids just to get some experience under your belt. Talk to a career councelor. I'm hoping you didn't have a job thus far because you were in college. That won't look so bad on a resume or job app.

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:21 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No, I'd probably job hunt during the day, since I'm HOME. lol

Answer by KairisMama at 12:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No I would spend the day looking for a job and the night resting

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:00 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I do career and job search coaching. I have seen a few of your questions and will be happy to try to help you with your job search (I never charge CafeMoms for my services).

Feel free to send me a message offlist

Answer by rkoloms at 3:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Have you ever thought about working from home? I'm 26 years old, I work from home and I love it! I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 18 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:58 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I'd look during the day and sleep at night. And Erika why is it you can not say what you do except work with a great team of moms? Just curious.

Answer by mollgirl at 6:24 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• what sort of job u looking for?

Answer by san78 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 5, 2010