My 4yr old cries for any reason, how do i get him to stop?

My 4yr old son cries for the smallest things, if i tell him to pick up his toys, go brush his teeth, sit down and eat, he cries.There is literally nothing i can ask him because he starts to cry as if i were spanking him.And there has been a point to where i will spank him because of all the nonsence, he is going to therapy at this moment and it seems to have been gotten worse, the therapist said not to spank him anymore& now he tells me that i cant be doing that now.He gets love and everything that he needs here at home, so my only answer is that he may be aspoiled brat.Im sad to say that but i dont know what else to do or say about him crying for no reason.Any advice??

gabby06

Asked by gabby06 at 11:19 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• well some may say this isnt right but it worked for my daughter, when she gets in a mood like that i take her and lay her on her bed and tell her that big girls(or in your case a boy) dont cry all the time only babies do and babies have to lay in there bed and go to sleep. she will sit there for a min and get up and stop she hasnt done it in a while tho, but its also working on my neighbors kid that comes and plays(yes i did ask befor i did it). so basicly i tell them if they are going to be a crybaby then the have to go lay down cuz crybabys have to take a nap.
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 11:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010