Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

enlarged labia question

I have an enlarged inner labia, it is sometimes painful during intercourse and occasionally when I am walking my clothes will rub on it weird. I was just wondering if anyone else has an enlarged inner labia or if I am just weird. I was also wondering if anyone has had surgery to correct it.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

Answers (3)
  • My niece had large inner labia. She is only 18 now, but it did hurt her rubbing her clothes and she got a lot of UTI and yeast infections too. She was also self conscious about how "hangy" it was. Even though she was still a virgin, I told her guys would just be happy to be getting some and wouldn't notice lol but it did bother her. She saw a plastic surgeon and had a labiaplasty. It was $1000. She was off school for 2 days and took pain pills for those 2 days but says it wasn't a bad recovery. The end result looked good and she no longer has any pain or infections. It is not something insurance will cover, but $1000 to get rid of the pain isn't that bad. Check plastic surgeons in your area. The one she went to said this procedure is becoming VERY common.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • I think Ameriplan might help with the surgery. Let me know if you want me to check into it.

    Answer by SaferAtHome at 12:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

  • Yes, i have this problem, too. In a world of brazillian waxes and close cut hair cut pubes, two kids later and I guess age, too...sure has them hanging low. [As if, I had two slabes of roast beef.] It's so ugly and uncomfortable. Those labias, get caught when I have intercourse, and hurt when I mountain bike, exercise and power walk. You can even see a (bulge) when I wear a bathing suit. When, I try to trim/ wax the hairs...they get in the way. I can't even wear jeans, pants, shorts...without being rubbed raw, pinched or bruised. I'm tired of the pain and discomfort. I made an appointment with a "new" GYN doctor for a consultation. (My former OB doctor, didn't think there were a problem...asked me if I was going to do porn, otherwise I was to deal with it) Hopefully, this doctor... I can talk him into performing this procedure " a Labiaplasty". Wish me luck.

    Answer by TJZak at 6:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall (Entertainment)
does anyone else just not really like