enlarged labia question

I have an enlarged inner labia, it is sometimes painful during intercourse and occasionally when I am walking my clothes will rub on it weird. I was just wondering if anyone else has an enlarged inner labia or if I am just weird. I was also wondering if anyone has had surgery to correct it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Health

• My niece had large inner labia. She is only 18 now, but it did hurt her rubbing her clothes and she got a lot of UTI and yeast infections too. She was also self conscious about how "hangy" it was. Even though she was still a virgin, I told her guys would just be happy to be getting some and wouldn't notice lol but it did bother her. She saw a plastic surgeon and had a labiaplasty. It was $1000. She was off school for 2 days and took pain pills for those 2 days but says it wasn't a bad recovery. The end result looked good and she no longer has any pain or infections. It is not something insurance will cover, but $1000 to get rid of the pain isn't that bad. Check plastic surgeons in your area. The one she went to said this procedure is becoming VERY common.
    Anonymous

• I think Ameriplan might help with the surgery. Let me know if you want me to check into it.
    SaferAtHome

Answer by SaferAtHome at 12:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2008

• Yes, i have this problem, too. In a world of brazillian waxes and close cut hair cut pubes, two kids later and I guess age, too...sure has them hanging low. [As if, I had two slabes of roast beef.] It's so ugly and uncomfortable. Those labias, get caught when I have intercourse, and hurt when I mountain bike, exercise and power walk. You can even see a (bulge) when I wear a bathing suit. When, I try to trim/ wax the hairs...they get in the way. I can't even wear jeans, pants, shorts...without being rubbed raw, pinched or bruised. I'm tired of the pain and discomfort. I made an appointment with a "new" GYN doctor for a consultation. (My former OB doctor, didn't think there were a problem...asked me if I was going to do porn, otherwise I was to deal with it) Hopefully, this doctor... I can talk him into performing this procedure " a Labiaplasty". Wish me luck.
    TJZak

Answer by TJZak at 6:39 PM on Oct. 27, 2008