When your kids come home from school do they tell you about their day?

My kids were always eager to tell me the content of their day from class participation, to projects that needed to be completed, the whole run down. Then they would bombard me with school notices for school pta meetings, rules and regulations, parking rules for around the school, etc.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:28 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes and no..I have to go thru 7th graders planner to see what she needs to have turned in...the work isn't so hard...just teaching kids to turn the stuff in gets all the pt with so many classes....the kids on honor roll have parents who help get stuff in on time...

finally, more stuff is coming home via email...I have emails for each teacher and school staff...and the teachers are really good about getting back that night!

with the lack of money...I'm being asked to do major projects at the kids school just to keep the same level of activities and I can't pull that off....3 kids and 3 different schools...one reason to have your kids closer together!!!
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:34 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes, we talk at the kitchen counter while they have a small snack and I get dinner started. They tell me about their lessons, their teachers, and their friends.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 3:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I always ask mine how her day was. She loves to tell me what goes on in school. Got to enjoy it. because I know at some point she will not care to tell me.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 11:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My older kids don't tell me anything... my little guy who started K last week, tells me everything the minute he gets in the car! He loves school!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son is a 9th grader and he tells me everything without my asking.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:39 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I always ask and my daughter always says I can't remember what I did and I say you just got out of schooland you can't remember hmmand she is very smart later I get the low down though I think she just needs a break
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 11:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well, my son does, but not until I say, "Hey! How was your day?"
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I need to prompt, but both of my boys will freely talk about their days.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 11:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have to squeegee the info out of my 13 yr old. He doesn't volunteer anything. My little ones are more forth coming with the info, esp. my 6 yr old.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When my DS started school I made a rule that he had to tell me 3 good thing that happened at school that day before he could get out of our van. It could be anything, from something that he relly liked at lunch to who he had played with. He's now in 5th grade and we still do this, so no matter how much complaining he does we always leave things on a good note.
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 2:29 AM on Sep. 5, 2010