So Long Summer: Does your toddler like the beach/ocean or is she scared?

Answer 10 of CafeMom Team's So Long Summer Questions this Labor Day Weekend and win a Virtual Vacation award for your Answers profile page.

Ask your own, and then link to it from this group post, for some extra sunshine.

Learn more in the Answers Group.

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 11:32 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OMG... my kids have never seen an ocean beach....hell, I haven't seen an ocean beach in two decades....
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:37 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son wasn't scared of the ocean. he was scared of the sand. He hated it on him and hated that it was hot. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:38 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My kids always loved the beach:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:43 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• love it..freeze in it...do "salty dogs" by running in the water and then rolling in the sand (can you imagine~yuck and they love it).

my kids haven't seen snow yet....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 11:45 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Snow.... boy do I have a destination for you! LOL... call me in February... I'll be buried up to my neck in it! LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 11:48 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• she is still scared but I think she'll be happier next summer
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 11:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son has never seen the ocean, but he loves the lake and always has!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:49 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my son loves the beach, but scared of the ocean lol. he's super excited to look at it, but it takes alot of hand holding and dragging to get him to even get close to it LOL. my dd however, tries to jump in every time she gets a chance...she's 2 and he's 3...
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:50 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• She loves it!! We live in Chicago so we have the Michigan lake and it's gorgeous! She cries when we have to leave.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:56 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When my son was a toddler he took to the water like a fish at the beach. We don't live near an ocean.I had bought him picture books about the ocean when he was around 2-3 and he loved it so much, all he would ever talk about was the ocean. So, I planned a trip for him when he was 4 and took him to see the ocean.If it were up to him...6 years later..he'd still be in that water,lol.
    Our 18 month old toddler...she was a bit more hesitant about the beach water. Which I am grateful for her timidness, my sons no fear of water was a heart attack waiting to happen for me,lol.But after awhile, she went in...but only when hilding my hand and only up to her knees,lol. She prefers to play in the sand. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010