Fussy baby

I have a 7 wk. old baby girl. and my family says we are spoiling her. She fusses before she goes to sleep which to me seems normal and so I rock her and sing her to sleep. Everyone keeps telling us we hold her too much. she seems too young to destinguish between being spoiled and feeling loved. any suggestions?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 12:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• a lot of babies that are colicky cry a lot before bedtime... but it sounds to me liek she is a normal 7 week old baby.. mine is 12 weeks and he IS spoiled!!!!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ok, at 7 wks she needs you to be at her beck&call. she cant b spoiled at this age. soak it up!! after a few mos old, you can slowly start to let her cry some. she'll naturally want to start to explore, so don't really worry about it. fussing at bedtime is normal, my son still does it at 8 mos. but he goes to sleep on his own. you are fine, and don't listen to everyone. you do what you feel is right
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 12:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I had the same problem and I did the same thing u r doing.I was told I was spoiling him,and he is 2 now and I can say now that he is spoiled but then no.I think a newborn needs to feel loved and conforted.I also found out that my baby was lactose intollerant.Either way rocking her to sleep is fine.That is my opinion though.
    wifey2006

Answer by wifey2006 at 12:25 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• All three of my babies did that. It's perfectly natural. At that young of an age, they still like to feel secure. Try swaddling her. When my children would cry I could swaddle them in a blanket and they would immediately quiet down. It was so comforting for them. I used to put a blanket in the dryer for 1 minute and then swaddle. The warmth made them fall fast asleep. You are not spoiling, you are loving her. WHo cares if it is spoiling though. She is still a new baby. You sound like you are doing a great job. Good Luck.
    TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 12:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• After so may people told me that with my babies I finally came to the conclusion that if they weren't meant to be held, they would be born walking. I could be wrong but I am thoroughly enjoying my 3 month old, they grow up so fast. I held my son alot, and it was hard, but now he barely even lets me hold him at all.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ditto what they all said.. they are only this age once... and one day you will really miss it! enjoy!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Memorize this "I am her mother and I will do what is best." It firmly states two things. Mind your own damn business and I am quite capable thank you very much. :)
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• clappingMemorize this "I am her mother and I will do what is best." It firmly states two things. Mind your own damn business and I am quite capable thank you very much. :)

TexasStyle

Answer by TexasStyle at 2:16 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• She is too young to be left to cry. At that age they need to be fed more and rocked more. Your child, your choices. Don't let anyone else try to persuade you to do otherwise.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 7:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• ALL babies cry anywere from 1 hour to 4 a day, it relives there stress and tension.ur not spoiling,why r they worried how much u hold ur baby,its ur baby ull do things ur way.my in laws try to tell me what to do and i told them nicely of course that they had there kids and did it there way this is my kid ill do it my way.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2008