• In the Spotlight:

omg help please

I haven't been feelin good 4the past 2days well i just went to the hospital for bein so swollen, dizzy and cause i though my water broke cause i had a heave gush of water this morning. They said its not broke its just a high tear im really swollen still ive drunk nothin but water 4the past 3days and my water bottle was any where near low my boyfriend/baby daddy went and refilled it so he made sure im hydrated but wen i go pee its still dark almost the same color as tea the midwife said they said im still only 1 1/2dylated, that it dont look like i've been drinkin enough water and all the pain im feelin is normal, the contractions i was havin werent poppin up on screan but katelynn's heartrate went from 138to 185in a mater of seconds, they said my bloodpresure is really high i have a dr's apt tomorrow at 4:30 i think i can wait for it but i really dont want 2 cause im scared that somethings wrong any suggestions

katelynnsmommy2

Asked by katelynnsmommy2 at 12:15 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• almost sounds like preeclampsia to me.( from experience). how far along are you and how high was your b/p?
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• jumpy heart rates are normal
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i would think if the fluid sac was tore that would mean thats fluid coming out. you cant tear that and the fluid not come out. and if your er is anything like the ones ive been to they just try to get you out of there as fast as they can. id call the doc asap first thing in the morning. just to be on the safe side. if it was the fluid then you are at a bigger risk of infection. your doc should be able to squeeze you in asap rto check you.
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 12:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• if yoru blood pressure is really high it sounds like preeclampsyia is setting in
    chevygirl2007l

Answer by chevygirl2007l at 12:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If you are scared you should go to the ER. If you are having a midwife help you call the midwife, if you have pre-eclempsia your midwife should be able to spot it, if you can't wait then please go to the ER. The most important thing to remember is that the baby feels what you feel, and if you are stressed and hopped up because you need to know, then you need to know!!! The sooner you are at peace the easier the rest of your pregnancy and labor will be. If you are working with a midwife I would call her first, and see what she says, if she doesn't answer within 30 mins, go to the ER, get your questions answered.
    smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 12:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hey I am an RN and it sounds like the same thing that happened to me... An Abrupt Placenta..... It might make you go into labor early.... You only really have to worry if you start to bleed heavly....
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 12:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I am a nurse. I think the varying heartbeat of your baby could indicate you are slightly dehydrated. I know you said you have been drinking water, but keep drinking. Drink like 4 liters a day. Try to lay down as much as possible, the left side being the best because it helps your heart circulate your fluid better. Keep track of your baby's movements, and if she moves less than 4 times in one hour or 10 times in 2 hours, go to the hospital ASAP. It sounds to me like you could have the beginnings or toxemia (preeclampsia). Anyway, if the symptoms keep up, your doctor will want to induce your labor if you are more than 38 weeks. Any sooner than that and your chances for a c-section go up a LOT. The reason for higher c-section would be that your cervix may not be "ready" to dialate. The body has a funny way of wanting to do things on its own schedule.
    cdgoldilocks

Answer by cdgoldilocks at 1:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i totally agree with cdgoldilocks.
    hendrickson

Answer by hendrickson at 11:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2008