Can rust get in the pipes of your house? And can it cause people to get sick?

My mom has lived in the same house for over twenty years and recently she was diagnosed with uterine cancer. It was nipped in the butt before it got worse, but I've also had two miscarriages that happened during my visit there, and we all get sickk everytime. I'm starting to think it has something to do with the pipes because my husband remodeled her bathroom recently and noticed that the pipes were corroded. So who knows what condition the rest of them are in. And I really think they're what's causing everyone to be sick.

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 11:58 AM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I would think having the pipes checked would not be the answer. It would be the water coming out of the pipes that would probably need to be checked. But you have to know what specifcally you would want it checked for. It would take some research. You would need to find out what is commonly found in the water of a poor plumbing system. Also look at the environment. Is there heavy industrial? Farming? Then specifically request that things found in those types of surrounding water tables be tested for in your water.

Now something else I want to throw out there.... My mom had endometrial cancer and I have had multiple miscarriages. High estrogen/low progesterone are a contributing factor to both.... and it can be heritary. Google "estrogen dominance." That will get you pointed in the right direction. Good luck.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Also google "llow progesterone". Estrogen and progesterone counter each other. So if estrogen is too high, its "dominating" over the progesterone, thus making it too low.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010