Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

enlarged labia question

I have an enlarged inner labia. It is often painful during intercourse and sometimes if my clothes hit it wrong. I was just wondering if anyone else has an enlarged inner labia or if I'm just weird. I was also wondering if anyone has had surgery to correct the problem.


Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

This question is closed.
Answers (10)

    oh wouldn't it be nice....

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • I worry about this too. I use dildos a lot at night, and worry that over many years it looks like my "lips" down there are much larger than they were before. It doesn't cause me any discomfort, but it looks weird that they kind of "hang" like that.

    Answer by AmberNeedsSleep at 12:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • no, mine have been like this since I was about six. My mom took me to a doctor about it when I was 9, but he didn't know what it was (that was embarrassing). I have had 3 vaginal pregnancies (4 babies), and none of my doctors said anything about it, and I was to scared to ask. I have always been ashamed to let men see me, because it disgusts me. It doesn't bother my husband at all, but it hurts me when we have sex. I only just recently looked it up online, and learned that there is a surgery to correct it, but I wanted to know if anyone has had it, and if so would they recommend it.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • me. i hate the way i look down there, but my husband says he likes it. some of that skin i can pull a good 3-4 inches, and it just creeps me the crap out. it can get in the way during sex, and (lol) it often looks like a little tongue sticking out. i've thought about having cosmetic surgery to change it, but i'm sure its expensive, and like i said, hubby doesn't think i need it. but i am embarrassed about every pap and examination and sexual experience i have. i think it inhibits me, and may be why i'm not a big fan of sex

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • Wow i seriously thought i was the only girl that had this problem..nice to know that other women have this problem. It has made me not a big fan of sex because i'm so embarassed of it. I first noticed the larger labia when i was like 11 or so and it has only gotten larger..mine stretches too. I wish I could get surgery.. and i'm so embarassed at dr visits..haha if anyone has had one..lemme know the pros/cons

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • haha yeah.... ever seen porn where all the women have "tight little packages"? drives me crazy

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • if it hurts , you need to see a doctor could be a infection

    Answer by francesca677 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • I have this issue too. It also hurt during sex. I found out this was from friction and them curling in during sex so the solution we found is to hold them appart during entry. Kind of spread your self open to keep them from being shoved inside too. Also a good lube will help keep things from rubbing too bad. Ky longlasting oil works grat for this hope this helps.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • A friend of mine had surgery on hers. She ended up having a pretty bad infection (the location makes infection a pretty high risk). But with antibiotics, she got through the infection fine and is happy with the results.

    Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • thats great..... =ox

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on Oct. 13, 2008