Is there something wrong with this?

My 4 yr old goes to a christian preschool(church) but we do not go to church. I think she is maybe the only one in the class that is not involved in church. And it makes me sad that she probably doesn't know the songs & bible verses like the other kids. I didn't grow up in church but my hubby did and he doesn't see the need for church if you believe on god & live right. Is there anything wrong with this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I personally think if you are a Christian you should go to church. The Bible teaches that you should have time with other Christians. Now I DO think that includes a home church.
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well, I wouldn't worry about her not knowing the songs and verses. I'm sure most of the other kids don't either yet, they're only four. I don't see anything wrong with her not going to church on a regular basis either. As long as you're ok with her going there and she's happy! :)
    twinmama2five

Answer by twinmama2five at 12:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Its all up too you and what you want to do.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Doesnt sound wrong to me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't see anything wrong with it. I think it all boils down to what kind of a person you are. I used to be a practicing Catholic and got very discouraged with the church. I am an agnostic now. I hope there is life after death and God, but I question it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 1:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It is my opinion that it is up to you and what you believe and feel comfortable with....I have gone through periods of going to church regularly and being really involved, and then periods of not going....I don't think it is any big sin to not go to church....being Christian is about who you are and a way of life more than a flurry of activity if that makes sense...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We are catholic and choose to not attend mass regularly. We pray and burn candles, have holy water...we are a bit more pagan about the whole thing. Sd attends catholic school and dh and I are not really into it but we show our support by going to masses led by her class, etc. We do not feel you need to be formal about religion or education, for that matter. However, we are very tolerant of other opinions and so if you want to go to church, fine. If not, fine.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• What do you want to know sounds wrong? That your daughter doesn't know the songs? That your husband says he's a christian but doesn't go to church? Or that your daughter goes to a christian preschool but your family doesn't go to church? Or all of it?
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It isn't wrong. My son goes to a Catholic preschool. They don't do any songs or anything really. They do have a prayer but even the Catholic kids don't know it. They are still young and learning. I'm sure he will know it in a year or 2 (we are using the school for his regular education too).
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 3:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I believe that a Christian needs a fellowship with other Christians.. Church is the best place to do that.. But there are so many churches that focus on religion and not a relationship with God, so it's hard to find the right church..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 6:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010