Man's inability to.... Way way TMI! adult content

My bf (who is 25) can get an erection and "finish". But has trouble with it. Sometimes he can't keep an erection and sometimes he can but can't "finish". What can I do to help? He is this way because he is pre-diabetic. I know with it being a health problem there isn't a lot I can do, but... Any suggestions?

Its hard for me because I feel like its because of me, my brain tells me its not, but sometimes I still feel like I'm doing something wrong. Any words of advice would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• A topical L-Arginine supplement might help, it dilates the capillaries in the area and the issue with diabetics is typically constricted capillary action.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:28 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Sadly, in our society we are programmed to think if a guy is having sexual problems, it surely is something we are doing wrong or vice versa. This is one aspect of his life where he needs support and not ridicule.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• He needs to talk to a dr ASAP and discuss it. He very well may be experiencing some sort of artery disease or heart problem
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It has nothing to do with you, most likely. Have you ever thought about using toys to get him more excited? We get ours at http://www.feelpurebliss.com. It's cheap and they have a huge selection for guys and gals.
    Marine_Wife_MJL

Answer by Marine_Wife_MJL at 12:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I had a bf who was a diabetic and had this problem towards the end of the relationship. It just wouldn't work sometimes. I would still do things for him with my hands or mouth even if it was soft cuz it still felt good to him. I never really said anything about it unless he asked me. I just figured I didn't want to cause him any embarrassment about it. No matter what your guy says, he probably is totally freaked out and embarrassed about it all. I did hook up with my ex a few years later and it wouldn't work at all....even with medication. I never made him feel bad about it, never let it bother me, like I was doing something wrong. When my ex learned he had diabetes, he didn't take care of himself for a few years. He just ignored it and he's paying for that now with not only ED but neuropathy, getting infections easily. Tell your man to take care of things now and good luck!! :)
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 3:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Honestly, I would talk to him and go with him to a Dr. This is not about you, but rather a medical condition. So, see what you can do to help treat the condition!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• That's awful :( I wouldn't be able to be mature enough to not feel hurt about it either, even though it's obviously a medical issue. (((HUGS)))
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If I were you,I'd have him see a doctor first.And if you think it might be you I'd ask him.Ask him what he likes.Do certain things while you are having sex and ask him if he likes it when you do this or baby do you like that.Bring it into the bedroom.I hope I've helped you a little. Good luck sweetie. : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• He definetly needs to see a doctor and you are not doing anything wrong
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010