Have you ever done this??

I had a completely random moment. I was getting my hair done and ran into someone I don't know personally, but see a lot of on FB as we have several mutual friends. I recognized her and apparently, instead of keeping it in my thought bubble, I said out loud "Hey, you're....". I think I scared her. Now I'm embarrassed that I did this.

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 12:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Lol, I have never done that, but I have also never been in the situation.
    MandySilver87

Answer by MandySilver87 at 12:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think everyone has that moment in life I have done it myself.
    coryswife8183

Answer by coryswife8183 at 12:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Apparently she was waiting for an appointment with my hairdresser. Hopefully she vouches for me that I'm a decent person and not a complete wacko.
    layh41407

Comment by layh41407 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't get it...? What's wrong with that?
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 12:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I think it was an ok remark, just shouting to an acquaintance. Better than ignorig her.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 12:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've been in that situation many times, except that I've actually met the people in person and they don't remember me. Fairly frequently, I wonder if I should say something or just ignore the fact that we've met before.

Sorry it was so awkward.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Never ran into anyone from the internet. But that just goes to show everyone that you never know who might know you from all the stuff out there on-line.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 1:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• There was this chic we knew when we were stationed in Hawaii. She was a, ehem, whore. She'd cheated on her hubby. We both ended up stationed at Hood. Well, we went out to eat, and she was our waitress. One of the first damn things I said to her was "Hey! ____ said you cheated on ______ and had an abortion!" Not so cool. Other customers overheard. Pissed her off, but I didn't care.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010