What do you guys think about weed?

Are there any moms out there that smoke weed? my hubby smokes weed and it really bugs me.everyone says leave him b/c we have a kid and that shouldnt be around the baby but i love him and i think marriage is hard and comes with obstacles..and i think this is one of them. I can't get him to stop doing it..and i think it bugs me more cause i hate that he spends our money that we worked for on fucking weed. what you guys think? am i overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Actually weed was made illegal during the great depression. Just for the previous posters info.
    NOTHING TO DO WITH TAXING IT. It was believed that if weed was made illegal then mexicans wouldn't come and take jobs from americans that were already struggling. I found the info on a government site about all of our drug laws. Long time ago for a college speech. Anyhow. On to the question.
    Did you know he smoked before you married him? If so, then why did you marry him knowing it and not willing to accept it. IMO smoking is alot better than drinking. If you are just upset about the money aspect of it then you two need to sit down and come up with a budget. You each get x amount of money to spend how you see fit. Then he can spend his part on pot if he wants to.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 12:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• does it effect his parenting , or do you feel like your children are unsafe?.. the only reason weed isn't legal is b/c the govt can't find a way to tax it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I hate when they say "leave" for every problem you have. I have asked for help before with the intention of getting some advice to make my relationship better and someone ALWAYS says leave. You just don't walk out on your husband because of some things. Weed isn't good because you become dependant on it to make you feel good. So when you don't have it your grumpy, mad and just in a pissy mood. I do not think it's good but I also know only HE can make himself stop. If you try to force him to it will do no good. He has to want to. The money IS something that gets on my nerves too (MY DH's dad is like your DH) I don't really know what to tell you really but DON'T enable him to get it. Don't help him...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I also agree with cfdm3s_mommy. If you can't get him to stop get him to cut down. It's the least you can do. He should compromise for that. The less he buys the less expensive it is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• imo, if it bothers you that much, he should have enough respect for your opinions than to keep doing it. personally, i wouldn't stand for it. but thats just me, and my hubby knows how i feel. he used to smoke pot but he doesn't anymore (good ol' military), and if he were still a smoker when i met him, i would've never even considered dating him. but, thats just my perspective
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:44 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• my SO smokes and he is completely normal. it doesnt change how he acts talks or behaves or anything. so it doesnt bother me i just have a few rules. no smoking in the house no smoking in the car no keeping his crap in the house or in the car. i dont want to see it or hear about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My hubby smokes to... maybe you two can come to some kind of compermise like me and my hubby did.... He aint aloud to smoke in the house or around are son... and he can only buy it if all the bills are paid and the baby has everything he needs... if u keep tring to get him to stop all together it will push you apart... it happened to us... and maybe he can only smoke alittle less... just try talking to him about it
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 12:46 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hello people, what do you mean does it affect his parenting? First of all it's a mind altering substance. Second, if he's smoking that with your children in the home they could be getting high too. It doesn't take as much to get tiny children high as grown adults. Third, you could get your children taken away if your dh is busted in your home. Get him help. Seriously. You should have an intervention and have him go to an inpatient treatment facility... or he needs to leave.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:51 AM on Oct. 13, 2008