My Dh slept all day.

Before you ask, no he doesn't work nights. No, he was not up very late (he was up til 1:45am) and no, he did not have a very hard week... nor did he do a lot yesterday.
He just slept all day. When I asked him why he was sleeping or asked him to get up, he said (what should I be doing?). I love how at night, when most people are wanting to sleep, he's begging me to not get mad at him for staying up and he has a million things he wants to do... but when he's sleeping all day long.. he doesn't have any reason to get out of bed.

He got out of bed this morning to weed eat a bit while I gardened. Then he sat in a chair outside and fell asleep while I was running around outside with Dd. I asked him why he was sleeping in the chair and he said he was just soaking up the sun. Whatever. but then he got up and went into our room, and got in bed, and stayed there for a few more hours. I don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he sick? Depressed?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's hard to say because all people are different. When my husband sleeps all day it is usually one of two things. Either he is just very relaxed and it feels good to just relax all day and catch up on some much needed sleep after a long work week. If that is not the case, he is bored and usually if I offer to do something that I know he enjoys, he is usually all for it and we get out of the house and he's not tired anymore! I think that the occasional lazy day is a good thing and don't get so upset if he needs a day to himself. If it turns into an everyday off thing, I'd start trying to do something different.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sometimes I get tired and like to sleep too.

I would tell him that you need him to go to bed earlier so he can get up and be productive. Also make plans for him and then he will know what you want/expect him to be doing instead of sleeping.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010