Am I a bad person...

Me and my babys father do not get along at all...but me and his family do. They have been super supportive threw the first part of my pregnancy...but all of a sudden it just seems like they have dropped off the face of the earth. And oddly Im ok with it. But here is what some people are seeming to have a problem with. I dont want them at the delivery of my daughter. I dont want them to know Im going into labor...I would rather just have them find out after she is born. So long story short...does it make me a bad person that I dont want them there!?!? And that I dont want them to know till after she is born!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 12:33 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• no not at all honey i was the same way with my ex with my first baby the only way they found out was from my friends
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 12:34 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• NO.. if they arent going to be there through your pregnancy for you why should they be there for the fun parts??? its not selfish.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 12:35 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Nah, that's one situation where you have all the say over who gets to be there.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 12:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No it does not make you a bad person. I had my mom and mil in my room the last time I gave birth and they were horrible. They kept touching me after I repeatly told them I did not want to be touched and they basically pushed my man out of the way the whole time. I don't want them in the room this time around. They made it a hell for me and I want to enjoy it this time around and so does my man and we both agreed on not telling them until I'm almost done to avoid any hurt feelings. Best of luck!
    mamarocks3

Answer by mamarocks3 at 12:37 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i second those responses.. send them an announcement!
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 12:38 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• no you are not a bad person!! they are bad people if can just disappear on you forget them. you have to have the people that love you the most around when you give birth. It's hard enough you do need to be uncomfortable. Good luck and DO NOT feel like a bad person!
    gormangirl

Answer by gormangirl at 12:40 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Nope; it isn't your fault that you just aren't that close, and to say the least, distant at the moment. You need to have the most supportive, caring people in your life there; and if they aren't those people, then oh well... I am sure they will hold it against you for forever, but you know what? It's your life and your pregnancy, so it's completely up to you :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 12:54 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• no sweetie! that does not make you a bad person!

I didn't even tell my own mother about my 2nd child until he was 9 days old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:20 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I think it makes you a smart person. You need to focus on you and your child, not on the thoughts of selfish others. I wouldn't tell them until after she is born. I can tell you for sure, had my husband not accepted that it was his son, I wouldn't have told him or his family ANYTHING about the birth of my son. (we were seperated when I got pregnant, obviously still messing around because I was 100% sure it was his. We just hadn't worked everything out when it happened and got back together when I was three months preggo)
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 1:32 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• No. And don't let anyone tell you it is. You have every right to decide who is there when you have your child. If you don't want them there and you don't want to deal with them while you're trying to have a baby. There is nothing wrong with that. My son's father wasn't at his birth. I couldn't have dealt with that. But do what you think is best and what is going to stress you out the least.
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 1:50 AM on Oct. 13, 2008