What is the best time for kids to go to bed?

my kids have been going to bed at all hours mostly 10 or 11

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 12:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My daughter goes to bed at 8,and has since she was 6 months,Ill probably keep 8 oclock her bed time until she gets around the age of 8 or 9 then will make her bed time a bit later...
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 12:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• At that age, my son went to bed by 8 pm.
    Figure on them gettign at least 10-12 hours of sleep per night. So, what time do they have to wake up in the morning?
    My son is 10 now and his bedtime(during the school year) has moved up to 9 pm.
    A friend of mine had her kids in bed but 7 pm every night, but she had to get them up so she could go to work by 5 am.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My daughters all go to bed at 7:30 pm. Children need 10 to 12 hours of sleep per day.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 3:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 8pm
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's not the time they go to sleep its that they get enough sleep .... so it depends on the child and their schedule. If they don't have to get up for school etc. then maybe its okay for them.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 6:03 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Before my on went to school he stayed up until I went to bed now that he is in Kindergarten i try for 9 but will try to move it up to 8 with the time change. My son has always woken up around midnight and wouldnt go back to bed until morning if I put him to bed bewteen 8 amd 9.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 4:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• They need to go to bed about 10 hours before they need to get up the next morning.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:15 PM on Sep. 5, 2010