Anyone else take the time to cut the plastic rings....

...that hold coke cans together? Everytime I finish a 6 pack of coke or beer or whatever I ALWAYS cut the rings. I picture little pinguins getting their heads stuck in them on the beach, lol. Am I the only one? Remember that Happy Feet movie where the pinguine was stuck and coldn't breath? That makes me so sad.

TexasStyle

Asked by TexasStyle at 1:00 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i always cut them. i imagine them sitting on the bottom of the ocean and some poor little fishy tries to go through and gets stuck :(
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:11 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i do i also try to just not buy the ones that have them
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 1:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Awww we don't buy the soda connected with the plasic rings, so we don't run into that.. but I always make sure to wash the cans really well before putting them in the recycling so an animal doesn't smell the food and try to go inside for a taste. I cut my hand on a can lid one time and ever since am super paranoid for the animals
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• the ones I buy on the soda bottles, they have tear strips cut in them so that as you are ripping it to get your soda out, it splits the ring.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:10 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I always picture birds stuck in the rings... It make me sad and if we buy soda with them I always cut them apart, even the little rings in the middle.
    mom2dominic21

Answer by mom2dominic21 at 1:13 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Funny you should ask this I usually do but today I was trying to clean with my 3year old and 11 month old so I didnt take the time to cut it. I have felt guilty since I threw it away. lol
    MamaAlderman_2

Answer by MamaAlderman_2 at 1:23 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I do, but it seems like I hardly ever buy anything that comes in them anymore.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 10:52 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• We haven't bought soda with those rings since I was a kid. Our cans come in a big box.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:04 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I get ours in a big box too and if they would have plastic rings they would go into the recycle bin.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:51 PM on Oct. 13, 2008