So how young is to young to take you baby out for Holloween?

So how young is to young to take you baby out for Holloween? My daughter will be almost 10 months old then. I wanna dress her up and take her out. Not for long just to family and friends and maybe just down my street. I think it's cute and I wanna show her off is that bad? My friends who daughter is 4 months younger than mine and she thinks it's stupid. She said people will look at us like we just want free candy. I don't think that i think it's cute babies are my fav. What does eveyone else think am i wrrong.

ops11210

Asked by ops11210 at 12:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• How young is too young to take them out? Well, the day they are born would be too young, LOL.
    Last Halloween my daughter was 8 months old on Halloween...I dressed her up in a fizzy carebear costume,put her in a stroller and took her trick r treating. Everyone gets a kick out of seeing an adorable baby dressed up for Halloween..its a treat fro them,lol. My son was 7 months old his first Halloween..I dressed him up liek a little clown..everyone loved him too! lol
    Who cares what anyone else says..if you wanna go...take her! No harm in it! Plus...you get to eat the candy,lol. :)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would say, if your child is too young to eat the candy, and walk around and say "trick or treat", then it's too early to take them out trick or treating. You can always dress her up and take some pictures while you're giving out candy.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 12:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• dress her up and show her off to friends and family...but if you brought someone less than 2 to my door, I'd figure you just wanted candy.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 12:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My kids were all 4 months old and I put them in the stroller and went out for Halloween.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 12:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son was 7 months when we took him trick or treating. We also went to my parent's neighborhood because my parents live in an older community and all the neighbors loved seeing him all dressed up and they are also very good friends with my parents.
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 12:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We have taken our older daughter out every Halloween. She's 2 1/2 now, but she was 7 months old the first time we took her out. We didn't go door to door, but rather to a church activity, and nobody minded that we didn't have older kids there.

Our newborn will be 5 months old. If she's healthy enough, she'll also go out on her first Halloween. She's going to be a flying monkey, I'll be the wicked witch, DD1 will be Dorothy, and DH will be whichever remaining character he chooses.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son will be 2 1/2 on Halloween and this is the first time were going to dress him up and take him out. I'm just a super paranoid mom and I worry about all the creeps out at night. I guess its just whenever you feel comfortable
    fashionmommy375

Answer by fashionmommy375 at 12:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Ya We are going out i just think it's cute and she eats somethings nothing big. I just think it's cute. I dont eat candy anyway so I don't care about that. Plus my street is maybe 30 houses it'snot like i'm takimg her around the world.We know alot of people on our street and i know they would love to see her.
    ops11210

Comment by ops11210 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We took my son out when he was 6 months old. My neighbors wanted to see him and they enjoyed it. I refused the candy offered, as he couldn't eat it, but most handed it to me anyway and said "take it for yourself".
    If you know the neighbors, I'm sure they would love to see the little one. Take her out and ignore the party pooper.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• There is no too young. If the weather is okay, take them out as young as you wish I say. That's what strollers are for. :) :) I hope my 3 mo old can come along this year with our 4 yo. We'll see what the weather does. He'll be 5 months by then.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 1:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010