word of wisdom?

wonder if other religions practice or know what the word of wisdom is?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't know if this means anything, but long ago when my grandma was alive, she would tell me to listen to my elders, because they always had words of wisdom. Do you think that is true. I paid attention to her on that, and I have found it to mostly be true. I would have to say that the Bible is full of wisdom, in so many things and subjects. If I sound dumb, then just have a good ole laugh.!!
    Freda01

Answer by Freda01 at 8:01 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• from what I looked up it's a Mormon/Later Day Saints thing

here's what I found on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Word_of_Wisdom

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 1:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• i'm mormon and obeying the word of wisdom is referred to eating good foods, no caffiene, smoking, illegal drugs, drinking etc. i just wondered if other religions knew or are taught the same thing. it seems to me that they don't although in the bible it does reference to not drinking hot drinks. i'll leave this up in case i'm wrong and there are others who teach this.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 2:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Hot drinks???
    I've never heard of that before. Is that why Mormons don't drink coffee? What about Cocoa or Hot cider? Just curious..... where in the bible?
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 2:11 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• My favorite words of wisdom are, "You own your own power. Nobody gave it to you and nobody can take it away from you." Love that. I live by that!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 10:32 PM on Oct. 15, 2008