still having sex with my ex who is also my sons dad.

my boyfriend has treated me like crap and he knows it.so i finally stood up to him and it seems he realized im not going to let him treat me that way anymore. He said that he did that because he felt he could get away with it.today was my 1st day of school but he didn't stay with the baby he left him to his mom!!it's hard to keep up with not trying to just go back with him. it feels like we keep on going back because of the sex. he doesn't just want to leave me the baby because he knows its wrong not because he really cares all that much or he would buy the things the baby seriously needs like new clothes because he is getting bigger.Has anyone tried being in a relationship where you guys have a kid and have sex but are not a couple anymore..how would that work out??

apple-bee-13

Asked by apple-bee-13 at 1:14 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• seriously dumb idea!

sorry if that sounds rude, but that's my honest opinion. Been there...done that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• yeah stupid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• He is using you. And you are letting him. Why buy the cow if the milk is free. That is why people should wait until they have dated a good year or more before sex--actually they should wait until they are married---but it is because once sex enters in, most everything else goes out the window and they never really get to know each other. It is a no brainer. You can't let go because of the emotional ties brought on with sex---he can't let go because--it is easy sex. Get a grip and keep your pants up and tell him to get lost. It is tough, but you need to learn to control it now, or else your child will learn that guys come and go and mom just gets used.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I did this so my advice is from personal experience. My son's father and I had the same kinda relationship for a year and a half after my son was born. We slept together but weren't together and it only made things more complicated. We weren't good for each other so all we did was fight. Now, we're not together and we each have our own relationships. We get along so much better. We do what we have to for our child and he is doing well. But we shouldn't be together. Leave while you can before you end up with 3 or 4 kids by a man you just enjoy sex with.
    airmanswife1006

Answer by airmanswife1006 at 1:42 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• Whatever works for you....go for it. I don't sleep with my child's father, because then he thinks I love him and thinks we are back together. I don't wanna be with him.
    jeepwranglrbabe

Answer by jeepwranglrbabe at 5:26 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I have had the same problem!
    MiA0711

Answer by MiA0711 at 3:21 AM on Jan. 6, 2009