Thank you

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has answered my questions lately (since it seems like I have been dominating this section, lol). Asking these questions has actually brought me closer to God.

I have always felt the Goddess (Holy Mother, Mother Earth, whatever you want to call her) in my life. But I never really felt God. I knew he was there but never felt his presence (as Christians put it). But my questioning has made me feel him.

I have always realized that people believe differently, hence the many different denominations and religions of the world. And I knew many were quite passionate about their religion. But it wasn't until recently that I realized that maybe blind faith isn't a bad thing or what many believe it is. Many believe blind faith to mean that you just follow blindly without question. But what if blind faith also meant that you are blinded by your faith? CONTINUED...

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 12:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• You cannot see what others do, even with the facts in front of you, because of your religious beliefs and faith.

I truly believe that may be what is going on on this website most of the time. Each party is blinded by their faith in their beliefs (or lack thereof) to fully comprehend the opposing point of view. However, I still don't know what this means for as to what believe system I fit into. So I'm letting you all label me (like I always do, lol).

CONTINUED
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 12:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I believe in deities. There is at least one God and Goddess, maybe only one of each, but sometimes I use different names for them. I believe there is a power to nature. Everything has to be in balance for us to exist. That is why there is a God and Goddess, good and evil. I believe that Jesus existed but his message got screwed up. I don't think he actually meant literally that he was God. I think he meant that God is within us all and that we are all children of God. I believe he was just a man who had a family. I also believe in the 'clockmaker' point of view. I think God created the universe but after seeing how intervening didn't work just stopped. We are like a clock in closet. We are there and he checks on us every now and again but he isn't active in our everday lives except to comfort us. So what religion would you say I follow?
    purpleducky

• You're welcome, but I'm not blinded to anything. I can understand anything, that doesn't mean I have to agree with it or accept it. Just beacuse I think something is wrong doesn't mean I'm blind to it. But thanks anyway.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 1:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• purpleducky.... thats great its bringing you closer to God but it still doesnt mean you know Jesus. Thats the key right there. I believe you are searching for answers to what you feel is missing and that is always where it starts. You can believe anything you want, it is absolutely your choice but when it comes down to it you either believe Jesus is Lord and Savior or not and all other gods are meaningless or you don't
    Keep asking, keep seeking and you will find.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• oh and you are welcome :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I hope you continue your search and that it will bring you to the truth as told in the Bible. It seems that you are still trying to hold on to your own perception of God but don't let that blind you either. As for blind faith, mine is not blind, it sees God and Jesus and I follow out of my free will to believe and accept in faith those things taught in the Bible.
    jessa1091

Answer by jessa1091 at 2:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• IF YOU WANT TO KNOW GOD IN HIS FULLEST YOU HAVE TO ASK THE HOLY SPRIT TO TEACH YOU HE WROTE THE WHOLE BIBLE AND IT IS A GUIDE BOOK TO SHOW US HOW TO LIVE FOR EVER WITH JESUS CHRIST WHO DIED ON THE CROSS FOR ALL MAN KIND.. JESUS IS GETTING READY TO RETURN FOR HIS BRIDE THE CHURCH THOES WHO HAVE GIVEN THERE SINS TO HIM... AND ASK FOR FORGIVNESS OF THERE SIN........ SO DONT BE LEFT BEHIND WHEN JESUS TAKES HIS BRIDE ... IF I CAN HELP YOU LET ME KNOW WEEK DAYS CALL THIS NUMBER...1800.888.7077 THEY WILL HELP YOU OR GO TO http://www.bbnradio.org/ THEY HAVE FREE SCHOOL AND CHAT ROOM .. AND MUCH MORE GIVE IT A TRY

yovonna

Answer by yovonna at 3:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Ladies, stop. Please. I am not wanting Christianity force fed to me again. I do not agree with Christianity in general. I believe it is corrupted from what Jesus wanted. I will NEVER believe Jesus was divine. I was simply thanking you for answering my questions. It has been a long time since anyone would so openly answer my questions, especially when they knew I was on the opposite end and was going to disagree. I am actually FIRMER in my beliefs now. It is just by questioning I have been able to get closer to God, which is what I have wanted since I am so close to the Goddess.
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You're welcome and warm wishes on your journey.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Ladies, stop. Please. I am not wanting Christianity force fed to me again

Oh, how sad-the old bait and switch.... you asked for advice on what to follow and then lashed out at Christianity as being force fed-AGAIN. You need to take some time to think about your own motivations on this one. What a shame, it seemed like you truly wanted advice but I guess you just wanted someone to take you bait. Do you feel better now?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 4:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010