How much t.v. Is too much?

my kids maybe watch 3to 4 hours of t.v. Is that too much?

janeq123

Asked by janeq123 at 1:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I think that's fine. There are several different opinions on this and it also depends on their age.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 1:06 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• For me, I  think if its 3 to  4 hrs straight every single day, than its too much. But if its spaced out thru out the day and than they can go a day or two without it, than its fine.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• 3-4 in a row is to much, in my opinion..and i alo agree it depends on their age..babies and toddlers dont need that much...my daughter watches maybe an hour in the morning, 1 in the afternoon, and 1 at night..but then again, school starts up next week, so, it wont be that much anymore..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Hi, Janeq,
    I'm noticing several of your questions are flagged for recategorization. The about cafemom section is only for questions that have to do with Cafemom website, members, navigation, etc. You will get better answers from moms who understand your topics if you post them in the correct category.

As far as this question, my kids get a total of an hour a day, tv or video games, but not both.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It all depends, mine have watched more this summer because it has been to hot and humid to go outside. All in balance.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• As long as they're doing acitivites outside of watching TV or even while they're watching TV. The amount of TV isn't so much the issue, it's whether there's acitivty involved otherwise. Whether they go outside and play, read a book, color, do a puzzle, etc. As long as they're using their brain and their body during or in between watching TV.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• mine watch about the same, over the entire day, I think its okay
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• One hour a day is the limit here, unless it's something special like a once-in-a-while movie.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have a one hour a day limit here too.
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 6:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• well whomever voted me down, I think you are a little rediculous! My kids are 4 and 3, and have 2 hours of outside time, and art time at home, and my 4 year old starts pre K on tuesday, 3 hours in an intire day is normal! And whilr the TV is on, they are playing in their room! Dont be so dumb! The doctors say more than 4 is bad! ANd they are only allowed to watch Sprout, and PBS, get over yourself!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 5, 2010