I get a really shaky and a headache if I go more than 2 hours without eating.

If I go more than 2 hours without eating some type of meat I get very shaky to the point where I cant even hold anything in my hand without dropping it. I try to substitute the meats for fruits or salads but I still get all shaky and a headache. Its like my body doesnt acknowledge any other foods that I eat besides meat. What could be wrong with me? I am really trying to eat healthier to finish losing some baby weight.

missthang42001

Asked by missthang42001 at 1:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• Eat balanced meals every 3 hours. Include 2-3 ounce protein, 1/2 cup carbs-good ones like brown rice, sweet potatoes, 1 cup vegetables.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• so you aren't pregnant anymore? I would tell the doctor; sometimes pregnancy can change the body after it is all said and done with. possibly you cant eat the same foods anymore and vice versa. Mom needs to be able to care for baby so I would let your doctor know.
    CowboyMama

Answer by CowboyMama at 1:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sounds likd Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar) I have it and I have to eat every 4 hours eat small well balanced meals throughtou the day. go see your DR.
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sounds like low blood sugar....Try drinking some orange juice or eating something with carbs, like cheese. I know your trying to lose weight but you may need a little of sugar in your body. you may want to bring this up to the doctor also he/she can tell you how to manage your diet to help you and will probebly check to make sure your not diabetic.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 1:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sounds like low blood sugar. Talk to your doctor.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Sounds like you need the protien.....also cut out anything with corn syrup because that seems to make it worse.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You need to go to the doctor and get a blood glucose test done. I had those same symptoms and it turns out I have hypoglycemia, or low blood sugar. As strange as it may seem, I have to take the same type of medication (tablet form) that a diabetic would take. It helps my pancreas manage spikes and drops in glucose. Yeah! I have learned to eat small meals often. I always have some type of crackers or peanuts in my car and in my purse. Good luck.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 2:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Read about Hypoglycemia (Low Blood Sugar)  

I've gotten those symptoms and what I do is eat 1/2 of a Power Bar. In fact I carry them in my car for just in case. Or even just a granola bar. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010