Anyone suffering now or has from horrible FIBROIDS? *TMI content* adult content

I was diagnosed recently with endometrial hyperplasia. I knew about the fibroids last year, been monitored, hence the report recently stating now Ive got it. Ive had horrible periods for years and recently they got worse.

I JUST passed 2 small kidney stones! OUCH..and during this flipping pain from the stones, I had this abnormal clotting and bleeding...1st trip to the ER was the stones and they found the LARGE fibroid..which is benign so they said from the CT Scan. Went back to the ER after I passed the stone and pain cause of more bleeding, but was OK.

I follow up next week with the Urologist & see a OB/GYN for the FIBROIDS. Doc gave me pain pills and something to help the bleeding stop for now.

ER doc said OH YEAH, you have ALOT of fibroids. Blood count was good..but the pain/ cramping is unreal.. and I thought I was still passing a stone!

What have you done to help with the pain? Did you have a hysterectomy?

LilyPondOasis

Asked by LilyPondOasis at 1:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• I'm sitting here with a heating pad as my bestest friend across my stomach....and I won't take a whole pain pill til nighttime as I have a 6 yr old running around playing, so I only take half of it on a full stomach.

Im hydrated....eating right, but good god.........the PAIN from this. I will go ahead and tell you...Im wearing adult pull ups! My FLOW is that bad I cannot just wear maxi pads.....soon as I sit on the toilet I feel a clot or two fall.....doctor says that will be normal......just take this medication to stop the flow..........it should help..if not go back to the ER! LOVELY! I already know 3 shifts from doctors to the nurses to the staff whom wheel ya back for the scan on a first name basis! LOL

ALL 3 docs reccomend a hysterectomy.....which I am ALL FOR! Im 48 and fine with that option. Same for my PCP, she says its best.

BUT dealing with this pain........I dont know what else to do for cramps!
    LilyPondOasis

Comment by LilyPondOasis (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have a large fibroid, heavy periods, etc.......I was told hysterectomy was my only option, but recently I saw an ad for a procedure that is simpler where the blood supply is cut off fromt he fibroids....there was a sign about it at the hospital, so before I had a hysterectomy, I would ask about this.....even without having more children I am attached to my uterus and don't like the idea of having it cut out....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:38 PM on Sep. 4, 2010