So long summer: Did your kids go to vacation bible school?

I'm not sure if churches host those events any longer, but I used to attend when I was a kid.

tasches

Asked by tasches at 1:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Our church hosts almost 200 kids for a week of VBS at the end of July. This year's theme was High Seas Adventure and we had a wonderful time. it's so much fun for them. now that my 3 are teens, they volunteer to help out, too.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 12:23 AM on Sep. 6, 2010

• no, thats like forcing religion down their throats with no escape. No i do regular summer camp and let them choose to be around the religion they choose when they are old enough to understand and make that decision.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:50 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yes and they love it!
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 1:54 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My oldest did, my middle child will be old enough to go next year. Most of the churches here put it on, they are pretty good about arranging their schedules so a family can just send their kids to all of them if they wanted to. lol

A church across from my kids' school also puts on a Bible Release time Wed. The kids leave school for an hour, over their lunch and noon recess break, all school year long. My son LOVES that.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 2:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes my children went to our church's VBS. They had a blast! My husband was "Bible Man" and helped "Eraser Man" turn from his evil ways of stealing and cheating, and turned him toward God. It was quite humorous.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• No. Sd goes to Catholic school (dh & I are not thrilled about it...we would prefer she attend a local art/music school). But she did go to two music camps.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 2:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Our church does an over night retreat where we camp out. We went and stayed until evening, and came home to sleep because my 2 1/2 year old cried last year in the tent. But we went back the next day. :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Yes my kids go each year, i am always asked to volunteer.
    They love it. It's ashame that more churches don't have
    activities for children in thier neighborhood.
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My daughter loved it! She was so upset when it was over (lasted a week).
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 12:05 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Yup my dd went to several in town
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 12:34 AM on Sep. 6, 2010