How do you tell a man that you love him but aren't in love with him.

I should never agreed to the proposal.

calibeka

Asked by calibeka at 10:48 PM on Jun. 18, 2008 in Relationships

• Dang :( I would say to just be honest and tell him exactly what you just wrote. Answer any questions he may have after that.
    KimberlyMonique

Answer by KimberlyMonique at 10:53 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Tell him the truth but in a nice way. Men tend to get extremely defensive and may strike back so always prepare yourself and weigh the pros and cons.
    TwistedMama27

Answer by TwistedMama27 at 10:58 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• OUCH!!! If you are asking how you tell him without hurting his feelings...that is not going to happen. Oh, Gosh..I am soo sorry that you are in this tight spot. Is the proposal...a marriage proposal??? take some time to think this through...maybe you just have a case of cold feet. Whenever I am faced with a major life decision of crisis.. I take 3 days to mull it over before I do anything. After the 3 days usually things are alot clearer... Good Luck to ya. Hope you work it through.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 11:02 PM on Jun. 18, 2008

• Just tell him. It's not that hard.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I just told a guy exactly that, that I loved him but was not in love with him. It wasn't that hard to say and he took it better than I thought he would.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:16 PM on Jul. 26, 2008