I need help my soon to be two year old

He is getting out of his crib... I got him a big boy bed.. I know he is not ready but nerther am I. I know he is going to get un and get in to everything.. He is a busy boy..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was about that old when we put her into a big girl bed. I would say try to take alot of his toys out of his room or put them in containers that he cant get into. that way if he doesnt seen the toys hell be less likely to want to play iwth them. make sure you put him to bed once hes really tired in the beginning so he can just fall asleep. try putting on lullabye music or giving him a book to look at while he lays in bed.
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 2:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• invest in a video monitor that way you can go in and put him back right when he gets out. thats what we did and all toys go in the closet that way there is no reason for him to want to get out. it worked for my roudy boy at the same age as yours.
    CowboyMama

Answer by CowboyMama at 4:58 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would agree with OliviasMommy614...Make sure you put him to bed when he is VERY tired...after a while it's a breeze
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Make sure his room is safe and that he can't get out of the room. I knew someone once who's son went downstairs and put a can of beans in the microwave because he wanted breakfast.
    Keep explaining that big boys stay in bed. Maybe you could do a sticker reward chart. Each night he stays in his bed he gets a sticker and at the end of the week he gets to choose a reward -- could be extra story time, his choice for dessert, or you could get him a new (little) toy.
    He will get used to it.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I put my son in a toddler bed at 1 1/2 years old he kept trying to come out of bed and play but I would get up pu him in bed and say its night night... this is a process it took about 40 mins the first couple of days until he just stayed in bed
    Jessica W.

Answer by Jessica W. at 10:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Um... I wouldn't shelter your kiddo either! By putting him in a crib he can't learn from his mistakes (and neither can you). I would suggest going ahead and letting him have his big kid bed, and then supervising him when he's awake. My son has been in a big boy bed since he was 13 months and just as long as he's awake, I'm awake. :( Teach him, don't stop him.
    FateoftheGodz

Answer by FateoftheGodz at 5:02 AM on Sep. 6, 2010