1 year olds and tatrums? (also posted in 0-12mnths)

so my 1 yea rold twin boys throw these huge fits when I take things from them that they cant have or remove them from somewhere they cant be (ie the couch) etc etc
well lately they've been screaming their heads off if I leave the room.
theyre gated into the family room which is pretty big and has all their toys.
the kitchen is next to it, only separated by the island counter so I can see them from the kitchen.
should I just ignore their screaming?
what have you done in this situation?

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 2:23 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They'll get over it, they need to learn to spend time without you right there next to them. Only if they are hurting each other or themselves would I go back in. As long as you can talk to them and see them, they're old enough to get used to it. Good luck though, maybe you'll need earplugs :)
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have one year old twin girls. When they have something they shouldn't have I ask them for it. Sometimes they will act like they aren't going to give it to me. But they always do eventually or I very gently take it from them. Then I tell them "good girl" in a loud and sweet voice and smile. Positive feedback! Also my girls scream if they are "stuck" in a room that we aren't in. We just don't leave them alone and let them go where they want in the house. Most of the time they stay right under my feet! Lol.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• @bjane01 yeah usually at least Tyler will bring me something he isn't suppoed to have. Usually its like a piece of fuzz on the floor or something similar. He gets all whiney and hands it to me, its really cute and I praise him for that. Its usually something like paper, that he doesn't want to give up lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Comment by ElsaSalsaaa (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Sep. 7, 2010