How do you get people from stop trying to touch your tummy...

people think im rude when i say please dont....

pinkdena

Asked by pinkdena at 2:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You could wear a shirt that says "Don't touch the tummy" or "No Tummy Touching allowed" or " I am not Buhda, therefore it is not lucky to rub my tummy!" or even just a picture of a hand touching a tummy with a big red circle and line through it. LOL. People are rude when they don't listen to what you want! It's your body not a public thing to touch after all!
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 2:29 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If they touch yours that gives you freedom to touch theirs!!!!!! Most people are not big fans of that
    pinkbraclets

Answer by pinkbraclets at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I just smile and touch theirs too.. Or ask them when their due lol that always seems to work
    aquarianmom69

Answer by aquarianmom69 at 2:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• That rarely happened....people seemed to know about "boundaries" and "personal space" back wheh I had kids ( 1971...) but it didn't really bother me. I don't think it means they are going to put a hex on your baby or anything. LOL!
    Why don't you like it?
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Don't worry about seeming to be rude,you're not. If they are ballsy enough to touch you when you clearly don't want to be,the hell with them!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• BITE them
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 2:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's all in how you carry yourself. If you're out in public, clentch your purse strap and pull it in front of yourself. If you don't have a purse, fold your hands over your belly.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I've thought about making a t shirt that says please don't touch my stomach without permission. I'm also getting a sign for my daughter's carrier that says please wash hands before you touch mine.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:26 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I honestly never had it happen, not from strangers and I liked when friends and family wanted to feel. I probably come across as un-approachable in public...LOL. Try that route, if they think you look like you don't want to be touched or bothered, they should be less likely to do so.
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 2:47 AM on Sep. 5, 2010