How do you know that your relationship is over and it will never get any better?

For those of you that got divorced, how did you know it was time to call it quits?

I don't want to hear from people that met someone else, I'm completely faithful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• You will know when its over. If your not happy or havin sex anymore then you know its over. I would tell you my store but I hate talkin about it.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 2:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When both no longer want to make it work
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 2:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• When you just don't care anymore. I knew it was over because I was so tired of not being happy and the thought of him possibly being with another woman just didn't bother me. I was done.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 2:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I knew it was over when I just didn't care anymore. When what he would say to me to hurt me didn't hurt anymore. He would try to hurt me, he was emotionally abusive, he just couldn't hurt me anymore because I was done, I was over it. He tried going to the club I went to, and knew the people that worked there, he'd try to make me jealous. It didn't work.
    But for some people, they still hurt. They know it's not going to get better, but they still hurt. They just can't try anymore because they have tried enough. I think you just know in your gut.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It's a gut feeling. You just *know* when it's done and not worth trying to work out. It's a horrible feeling, but one that happens none the less...
    michelle121003

Answer by michelle121003 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I was very unhappy and he was abusive. He didnt want to go to counseling and I did
    noahsmommy12908

Answer by noahsmommy12908 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I knew it was over when he left one day and then came back and kicked me out.. he and I took breaks but that last time I just knew it was over and there was no turning back. Of course I love him but only as a friend he's still one of my good friends plus the father of my child. Looking back I knew I was never happy with him so thats when you know its over when you can be happier without him.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 4:51 AM on Sep. 5, 2010