How often do you bathe your dog?

I have 2 chihuahuas that sleep in my bed... sometimes I do it every Saturday and sometimes I skip a week.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 2:42 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pets

• Our black lab gets a bath every few weeks or as needed.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:59 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• i bath mine twice a month, u shouldn bath them to often as you will strip their coats from its natural oil and that will cos ithcy, dry skin and a dull coat.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 3:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I bath my dogs once a week
    motherofpearl3

Answer by motherofpearl3 at 3:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• If she's got mud on her paws, I'll sponge bath her feet and such.. but full baths I only do every other week. Dogs are not meant to be bathed more then that. They have natural oils that help in their coats and washing it away will actually make it worse for them. :)
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 4:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• bath the dog once amonth so that you won't dry out his skin.
    moxiema

Answer by moxiema at 2:33 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• Once, maybe twice a year. Malamutes don't need any more t han that, and tbh dog's really shouldn't be bathed every week. It's bad for their skin.
    They're dirty, give them a brush. Mostly, that's all they need.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 8:37 AM on Sep. 5, 2010

• I have a long haired Maltese. Like others, I wash off her feet if she gets muddy/ dirty (since she sleeps in the bed), I wash her face (eyes with gook) and mouth when she gets food on herself. A full bath (in the shower with me) once a month.
    805Therapy.com

Answer by 805Therapy.com at 12:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• My dogs get a bath at least once a month...we live on a farm and they are always rolling around in mud and getting into stuff...and i don't want that yuckiness in my house!
    BradensMom1026

Answer by BradensMom1026 at 5:40 PM on Sep. 5, 2010

• If it's based on how often they get dirty... ummm... they will be 5 years old in October and they have never "gotten into" anything or rolled around in mud. They prefer to hang out on a soft bed and watch tv. I've tried to bring them outside in the morning when there is dew on the grass. LMAO! They stop and litterally "Put the breaks on" and turn to me with a look on their faces that says, "As If???!!!" They like to have their nails painted with "Pawlish" and they like to get dressed in clothes. I know this because their tails wag and they spin around in ballerina circles and yawn with contentment. I guess my girls are not your typical dogs??!!
    FeelinYummy

Comment by FeelinYummy (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Sep. 5, 2010