HELP toothache...

I have a cavity in my tooth don't have the money to get it fixed have had it for a year now but a few hours ago it started KILLING me I took an old antibiotic that i had it was a 875 mil. of amoxicillion and i took a pain pill...still is killing me anything i can do to help it???? also anyone know if i took 2 of the aintibiotic would that be too much??? I am in sooo much pain right now i don't even have a dentist I have no money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• Your mistake was,never take old medicine,it could have an adverse effect. Try hot tea,drink slowly. U may just have to wait it out. Alot of dentists have payment plans and financing.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I would find a dentist who will do a payment plan for you. You need to get the tooth checked out, because if you let a cavity rot too long, it could cause something more serious than just having a cavity drilled out. You could be looking at much more serious dental work if you wait too long. In the meantime, don't take any old medication, it's not prescribed for this condition and shouldn't be used for it. If you have old meds, throw them out. Try ibuprofen and orajel or ambesol. And start calling around for a dentist ASAP.

I hope you feel better soon.
    kathria

Answer by kathria at 2:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Do NOT put oragel on it. It can damage the nerve. I just had the same issue & was told extra strength midol is the strongest pain relief you can get OTC for a tooth ache.
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 4, 2010