Help toothache...

I have a cavity in my tooth don't have the money to get it fixed have had it for a year now but a few hours ago it started KILLING me I took an old antibiotic that i had it was a 875 mil. of amoxicillion and i took a pain pill...still is killing me anything i can do to help it???? also anyone know if i took 2 of the aintibiotic would that be too much??? I am in sooo much pain right now i don't even have a dentist I have no money

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• You shouldnt take both anti-biotic at the same time. Take 1 at night and 1 on the morning. That should help over time. But immediate relif would be orajel in the mean time while the pain pills kick in. And youll need somthing stronger than tylenol. Like vicodin or codein. A warm compress on the outside of your mouth may help if it is absessed. The anti-biotic will help with the absess but you will need to get it taken care of or else it will just keep reoccurring. Look into your towns medical programs at schools. They have free clinics where they do fillings , X Rays, and cleaning/polishes. You have to be a little more patient but it gets taiken care of. Or also look into a dental care card. I used one when I had 2 get a tooth pulled. The dentist can give you options. It will be cheaper to pull it than to fix it though.... GL I hate having a tooth ache. ):
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 2:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Antibiotics are not going to help with the pain. Get some whole cloves and put one on you tooth and it will relieve the pain. Try clove oil, too. And try calling around to find a dentist who offers payment plans. It's not going to stop hurting for good without getting fixed. Sorry!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I know whiskey will help, too. Swish it around like mouthwash and either spit it out or swallow it!
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Can you afford to go to the store and get some Ora-Jel? That helps a lot and the dollar store does sell it. Clove oil works really well too
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:56 AM on Sep. 5, 2010