eating disorder?

A lot of the time.. even when I feel hungry, I have zero appetite. NOTHING sounds good. And when I do eat, I have to basically shove it down my throat.

Other times though, I'm a huge pig..

I don't know a lot about eating disorders..... but was wondering if I could get some insight and maybe some help....?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I think eating disorders are when you are intentional or deliberate in your actions. Unless you are having an issue with your weight I wouldn't sweat it.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 3:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I am overweight, trying to lose weight... so.. because of whatever this is.. I'm having a really hard time controlling my caloric intake..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• an eating disorder is something u do on purpose... this sounds like it might be a medical condition or maybe you just don't eat a lot.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 3:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• an eating disorder is more something u plan to do and then it takes over your mind day and night, at the mo i am almost 7months pregnant and i feel the way you do, sometimes i can not eat at all, 2bites and im done and other days, useually evening time i just want to eat, but i never no wat i want to eat. my husband hates it when i don't feel like eating but then coments that i ate alot when i do eat crazy like that. if you are trying to lose weight, make sure you do it healthly, when you do feel like eating try to make healthy choices. i no sometimes that doesn't help. just look after yourself and if you feel like something isn't right, maybe try talking to your doc, he mayb able to help.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 3:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• The previous posters are WRONG.

I have struggled with several eating disorders my entire life, including anorexia, bulimia, PICA (the urge to eat things that aren't food) and ED-NOS (an eating disorder that is multi-faceted, but has characteristics of many disorders).

Anyway, an eating disorder is caused by a MENTAL need to be different, more perfect, or a MENTAL urge to overeat (note: It is not caused by you WANTING to have an ED and then the mental part comes second - that is backwards).

It sounds to me like you are simply having trouble regulating your appetite - are you on a medication that could affect your appetite? Are you pregnant or have you recently been pregnant? Could you be depressed? There are a LOT of things that can cause a loss of appetite, binge eating, or a combination.

I would suggest talking to your doctor about what could be causing your appetite problems, but I don't think you have an ED.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 8:21 PM on Sep. 4, 2010