What is your first borns name and why did you name him/her that?

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 2:59 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Baby Names

• I name my son Nathaniel James i waited for 18 yrs to have him and secretely I was hoping that no one in my circle of family and friends would choose that name in my fifth year of trying I got his name meaning GIFT OF GOD and he truly is after all the yrs waiting for a baby
    vida1970

Answer by vida1970 at 3:37 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My oldest daughter is Stasia, it was my mother's name. She died during the Bosnian War.
    lovesergei

Answer by lovesergei at 3:15 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Julita, a name my husband and I both love/loved
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Violet, just because I have always loved that name. Little old lady names are great!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 3:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son is Spenser Philip. I wanted his first name to be Philip. Dad did not but conceded to it being the middle name. (I wanted to name him after Phil Collins) We both agreed we liked Spenser. The spelling of it was his dad's idea. I wish I'd never agreed to that! Ug. We've had to spell it out a million times & will continue to have to do so forever. My son is nearly 20 now. He likes his name but we all agree it would have been easier on everyone to just spell is "Spencer" (it's the same name anyhow!). Whenever I see someone asking about baby names & wanting to spell a name in an odd way, I always tell them "Don't do it!". Its not worth the hassle of years & years of correcting the spelling all the time.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 3:10 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• McKenna because DH and i both loved it. Same with her middle name.
    coolassmom87

Answer by coolassmom87 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Andrew Lamar
    Andrew for my DH's grandfather
    Lamar for my father
    dmbutler

Answer by dmbutler at 3:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My son's name is Marcus Carlton. Marcus because he is of Italian (Roman) descent. Carlton is my father's middle name.

FeelinYummy

Answer by FeelinYummy at 5:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My daughter's name is Victoria Mae. Her father liked the name "Victoria" so he chose it. "Mae" is my mother's middle name, so I chose it. Her official first name is Victoria, but I like referring to her as Victoria Mae.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Aaron Nathan.
    As a teen I had a best friend named Danny. Danny had a cousin that I was also close to named Aaron. I thought Aaron was just an amazing person and that his name was a great strong boys name. So from that point on I knew my first son would be named Aaron. His middle name came from long hours of discussion between myself and his dad.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010