Do you have a favorite old time standby company dish and what is it?

Mine is any of my tried and true recipes that I can make ahead and have the mess cleaned up before company arrives, such as lasagna, eggplant parmigiana, my special filled meatloaf, nopeekee stew and many more that I have collected over the years.

thismamacooks

Asked by thismamacooks at 3:08 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• Chicken Diane. It is a base of wild rice into which cream of asparagus soup and broccoli florets, and then boneless chicken breasts on top then topped with shredded cheese and bread crumbs. I could get it prepared before I went to work, (when I did work, now retired) and then I would just have to reheat it and toss a salad, and make some tea.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:14 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• That sounds GREAT Joeygoat!

Homemade spaghetti I guess. I have been having company over so often in the past year that now I just make anything. I am a pretty good cook, so I don't really worry that people won't like what I have made.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:18 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I usually make a traditional Swedish dish when having company, something that it's highly unlikely that the would have somewhere else. But I don't have company too often anymore.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:02 PM on Sep. 4, 2010