Do you shop at farmer's markets?

I do as often as possible. In past years I've grown a few veggies in patio containers too, but all I did all summer was work and I didn't have time to even do that this year.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 3:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• WE have a very nice one here and I like to get fresh corn and fruits and veggies and support the locals.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 3:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I did this morning, buying a large bag of corn on the cob for a cookout tomorrow. But I rarely do, as I have my own garden.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 4:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I like to go to our local Farmers Market which is open everyday of the week. On some Saturdays, there are crafts and antiques too.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:11 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I hit the farmer's Market the 2 days of the week that it's open. During the month's that it is open.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:12 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I shop at Central Market here in Lancaster, PA- it's the oldest continuously operating farmer's market in the nation. It's only open 3 days a week, but in the summer I go down at least once a week!
    musichollie

Answer by musichollie at 3:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• WE do some actually Farmers market shopping but honestly around here the prices are MUCH higher than at the store. I like to support local farmers but I can't do much at their prices! Paid 5 dollars for 3 tomatoes this morning! That and a 6 dollar watermelon was all I could do! I went to Wal-Mart and got zucchini, broccoli and bananas and peaches for about the same cost.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• We have a small one in the town square through the summer. I love it, I've gotten to know a lot of the local farmers and beekeepers. I even found an organic/free range cattle farm, I know where to get beef now!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:39 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I go on a weekly basis nothing beat Corn On The Cob from the farmers market.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I sure do!
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 5:44 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I go there at least two Saturdays a month. We have a nice one here in WI.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010