This is a question for the disabled Moms here. adult content

I am a disabled person and am not ashamed of it. Too long a story of how I came to be this way. How do you manage your household chores? I had a maid and I had to fire her. I still have a guy that takes care of my yard. I have learned to modify all of my household chores into small short periods of time and effort. Imagine you are in labor and the nurse says walk up and down the halls, well that is what my body feels like if I try to walk or stand for more than 15 minutes. Then it is back to the wheelchair or if I really overdo it, the bed.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 3:09 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Health

• I am also a disabled mom, Although I don't think my case may be a severe as yours I have a hard time walking and standing for more than 15 mins or so also...I just try to make sure that I pace myself...I do something small and sit and relax....do something else....and so on for the day...I call it putzing around the house. But I try to make sure I dont have to go back up the stairs until bedtime and that I rest whenever I get a spare min....and if something doesn't get done right away then I'll do it when I can. I'd rather something wait then to do it and be completly useless for the rest of the day. Good Luck with everything.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 5:16 PM on Sep. 4, 2010