Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could You move to like another state if it doesn work out with the dad?

well. im a single mom im 18 years old and mym baby is 10 months it didnt work out with the baby daddy and i want to move somewhere else. But i want to know if its ohk if i do that or no? or do i have to stay here where i live cause of the baby daddy?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Oct. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (3)
  • Depends on the state you live in, check your state's website for the laws about moving.

    Answer by sheilaj817 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • You don't have to stay cause of him. do what you think is best for you and baby. I might move out of state if things don't work out with my BF so i can be w/ family, but i told him if i ever move i'll bring the baby to see him n his fam, and he will come visit there.

    Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:19 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

  • You cannot remove the child from the county of residence without the permission of the other parent. If you try to do so, you could be charged with kidnapping or custodial interference.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.