if having twins and they are for days apart (boy and girl), could they be from two seperate people?

no bashing please!

mauricellaf

Asked by mauricellaf at 3:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• There was a lady in town who had twins that were discovered in early u/s to be 4 wks apart. She ovulated again after being pregnant. She did have a bi-cornate uterus.

As for two twins 4 days apart... (I'm assuming the person is not very far along and this has been confirmed via u/s) then it could really go both ways. Sperm can live inside the female for 5 days. So if the sperm reached the top of the fallopian tube and one egg was released and 4 days later another egg was released, it would be pushing it time wise for how long they surive but it could be the same batch of sperm. But on the other hand, another batch of sperm could have arrived by then too. Anytime you have 2 eggs being released and have had sex with multiple men within 4-5 days prior to ovulation, you could have 2 different bio dads.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• How do you know they are four days apart? I would think with that small of a difference the doctor couldn't tell, but then again, I'm not a doctor, so I'm curious what you were told.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 3:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Well if they just told you that @ 22wks then it might actually mean that the girl for some reason is having growth issues making her growth slow and she will need to be watched closely. They would have needed to tell you at 6-7wk range using a very high quality u/s equipment for true age purposes.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:40 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• It is very rare but yes it is possible
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 3:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my bad they are FOUR days apart!
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• How could you have twins four days apart? I'm confused. Was one somehow delivered early and the other one stayed in the womb?
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:31 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• im 22 weeks pregnant. and the babygirl is FOUR days smaller than the babyboy! thats what my highrisk doctor told me.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• they told me when i was 10 weeks. but i just thought of the different dad thing becuz my friend mentioned it! they said both were fine they watch her just as close as they watch him.
    mauricellaf

Comment by mauricellaf (original poster) at 3:43 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Did you have sex with 2 guys within a week?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Are you saying 4, four, 1234 days apart?
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 3:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010