friend or foe??

Do you have a mom that is your best friend and you get along even go to her for advice or do you have a mom that no matter if its five minutes she gets on your nerves and you end up in an argument??

mama_lively

Asked by mama_lively at 3:27 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Friend, but a crazy one, she has papers to prove it!
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• After about an hour with my mom I need a drink. Not necessarily "foe," but it's good that we live 300 miles apart.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:32 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• friend, but her advice isn't as up-to-date as it used to be as she gets older more out-of-touch with current technology and how laws change, etc. Kinda tells me that after our kids leave home and as we retire from the workforce, we aren't as focused on things as we once needed to be.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My mom is my BFF.... my mother-in-law is my FOE.... LOL...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:33 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• this is hard to answer as i was fosterd, so never had the chance to be close to my mum. my aunt brought me and me sis and bro up with her daugther. she always wanted us to call her mom, but i never could and i could never bond with her the she and her own daugther did. i always had contact with my mum, but my aunt was so jelous that she would make us all feel bad for talking to our mom, so as the years went on it was easier not to talk to my mom so i wouldn't get a hard time of my aunt. so i keep alot to myself. now that i am recently married and having my first baby and i live very far away from them(they are in ireland, im in new york) i decided to get in contact with my mom again and try to start over with everyone as an adult. but i admit i still find it hard to talk to either of them as my mom or friend, cos they hate each other and when i talk to either, its not about how i am, its about wat who did to who.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 3:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my mom is my friend, but we CAN'T live together, then we become foes.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 3:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my mother in law was more of a mother to me then my own mother i have the best in laws...
    mama_lively

Comment by mama_lively (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I do miss how with it she used to be and how I could rely on her for almost everything and be pretty sure she was right most of the time. Nowadays though, not so much. She means well tho, but I miss how it used to be. When I think of her I always think of her being how she was when I was still living at home and she was being Supermom. Now she's just.. mom. lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:36 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• She was always my foe, she was abusive and and addict while I was growing up. Now, though, she is my "phone" friend. I can talk to her about anything but we within 200 miles of each other for more than a couple days or so. I live 900 miles away...
    momof3josephs

Answer by momof3josephs at 3:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I have a mom that I have been looking out for my whole life.
    It's kinda like our roles are reversed.
    I wouldn't reccomend it either!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 4, 2010