need a printer compatible with a dell computer

My printers going on the blink. The paper doesn't feed properly. What other brand of printer can i use with a dell computer? which kind of printer has easy accessible ink??? (a dell printer takes Dell ink only...very inconvenient.)

SeventiesChild

Asked by SeventiesChild at 3:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• Any printer is compatible.... I use a cannon.... all operating systems including Linux can print... it's not about the make of the computer, it is the drivers programmed in. Use will get a disk with the printer and it will install the drivers!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You can use any printer. I just bought an all-in-one HP printer at Walmart for $49 because our other one died and it is working swimmingly. You have to buy the HP ink, but it's not very expensive and available at Walmart.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 3:30 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Any printer is compatible with pretty much any computer, because it has nothing to do with the computer itself, it's the operating system (Windows, Linux, Mac).

My HP all-in-one printer is compatible with my laptop (which has Linux), my husband's laptop (which has Win-"doze"), and would also work with a Mac.
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 3:35 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• Like they said, you can buy any printer you want. I also have an HP all in one (scanner, copier, printer). The ink is a little pricey but I've had good printers with HP except mine seems to be real ornery when it comes to feeding the paper in. Sometimes it works, sometimes I have to play around with it. But it works.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• You can use any printer that is compatible with your operating system on your computer. I had a dell computer and i used a Lexmark printer on it.
    dirtyswifey10

Answer by dirtyswifey10 at 6:13 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• HP
    khurley8686

Answer by khurley8686 at 12:04 AM on Sep. 5, 2010