back to tacky cars...

Do you think it is a poor example to drive around in a dirty car (inside)? Do you think that you should regularly clean out the inside of the car to show by example that when you own something you should take care of it?

My daughter recently asked not to carpool because one of the mothers' car was SO gross inside that she didnt like riding in it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I keep my car free of clutter, right now it needs a good vacuum, but there is not tons of crap in it all the time. No toys, clothes, food or trash. I keep it that way because that is what I want to do. I don't usually haul people around in it either.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:47 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My car is immaculate... always... and I cart three kids around all day...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• guilty..as soon as I clean it out...i need the stuff I took out...sweatshirts and things...
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 3:49 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• About the only thing you will find in my car are books. I have to proof read several a week, so they get tossed in the back seat when done. I would like to find something like Armorall, (I am allergic to Armorall) that I can dust off the dash and wipe up that sticky stuff that always seems to get into the bottom of the cup holders. My car is only one year old and I hate that bucket of bolts. I have seen other cars and I wondered if the people were homeless because you could not see anything OF the car except the drivers seat and the steering wheel!

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 3:50 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• With 3 kids, 3 schools, 3 sports, etc.... I LIVE in my car. BUT it gets cleaned out regularly and vacuumed as often as possible. There have been messy days but it isnt a constant state of being. We do NOT have food issues in the car.... kids are fine to eat (if we are running all day) but they MUST remove food items.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I guess do as best as you can on that! But things happen. It seems one can clean the car & its the spouse that gets it do dirty Etc.. Its never ending!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 3:52 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't have a car, but yes, I think it's very good to show by example that when you own something you should take good care of it.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I don't let trash pile up or anything. But I do wait until it needs a good cleaning out to do it though. It's mostly clothes, papers, some trash, reciepts.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 3:56 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• My car is always clean inside and out. My rule is that if the kids bring something in it, they take it out. DH spent a lot of money on it, I figure the least I can do is keep it clean :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:04 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• a nasty car is a bad example. adn noone would want to be in it!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 4, 2010